Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Day 3 of Post-op

Day 3:

Towards the end of day 2 I was down to 1 gauze and barely needed that. I did however have to keep using a wet cloth to clean dried blood just inside the nostril.

I can feel the tubes when I use tissues and the stitches in my left nostril. The stitches creep me out the most. I was patting the inside because I felt some blood dripping down and the wetness caused the tissue to break and my finger touched the tube and that was weird as hell.

I started the morning with the Nasal rinse bottle, following the instructions and it was so strange. Almost worse than finding the tube. I did it though and was so glad I had. Some blood clots and stuff came out and it was gross but I felt much better for a few hours.

If they give you Afrin or similar, you can use that (During the 4 day time they say you can) about 30 minutes before your Nasal Rinse to help open the passages though.

Around 2p I was feeling really cooped up so we went out to get some chick-fil-a and I got nuggets and an awesome milkshake. I can not tell you enough how great ice cream and cold pudding feels on my throat. After that we went to go pay a bill and grab some crafting material. It was around the 2nd hour that I started feeling faint, dizzy and my head was pounding but I left my pain killers at home. We went home early even though I could spend all day in a craft store.

I went back to my couch and falling asleep in the middle of doing things haha. If you have a sleep number or a bed that can fold up I envy you. Sleeping sitting up on a couch sucks but during the night I had gone to lay down and that was not a mistake. The congestion was worse, my throat hurt even more and my nose hurt.

I didn't have to use any more gauze today and my cheeks are doing better from the tape.

Ordered pizza for dinner and I was sad because I can still barely taste anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment