Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Day 4 Post-Op

Day 4:

I can tell even with the bit of congestion (probably because of the stent tubes right now) but I am breathing WAY better. More than I'm use to. I get dizzy if I breathe too deep though because my body isn't use to it so I'm sure that will be an adjustment.

I had mint ice cream for breakfast with apple juice. I woke up with my throat in so much pain so the ice cream really soothed it. That is one thing about being in recovery, Ice Cream!

When I stretch my lips or anything that stretches my nose I can feel the stitches pulling and it's not so pleasant but it's not really all that painful. You never realize how many nerves or how much you use something until it hurts or it's out of commission.

I have my appointment tomorrow with my ENT to remove the stent and stitches. I was concerned about it not being a full week but they said it should be fine. I figure once he looks it over, if he thinks it's not OK he'll have me wait a little longer.

I've read in some blogs and forums that the removal of the stents can be pretty painful and some people nearly pass out afterwards. I talked to my Dr's office about that and they said as long as I use the nasal rinse like I'm supposed to, the moisture should help with the extraction and I can take my pain killers about an hour before the appointment to help. I'll need a ride home and will probably feel pretty weak or exhausted for the rest of the day.

I'll report back after that's done, maybe with some pictures. I wanna post a couple videos we have of my coming out of the anesthesia haze.

No comments:

Post a Comment